Paul Mable Home Improvements Ltd are committed to complying with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018. Looking after the personal information you share with us is very important, and we want you to be confident that your personal data is kept safely and securely and to understand how we use it while undertaking our services.
We have published this notice to help you understand
• how and why we collect information from you
• who we share your information with, why and on what basis
• what your rights are.
If we make changes to this notice we will notify you by updating it on our website. Should you need to contact us please write to:
Paul Mable, 1 Grangewood Drive, Milford, Belper, Derbyshire DE56 0RW
What information we collect when you register and why?
When you contact us to give you a quotation for work to your property, we will ask you to provide some personal information such as;
• full name
• contact numbers
• email address
How do we use your
Data Protection says that we are allowed to use and share your personal data only where we have a proper reason to do so. The law says we must have one or more of these reasons and these are:
• Contract - your personal information is processed in order to fulfil a contractual arrangement e.g. in order to supply and fit your goods.
• Consent – where you agree to us using your information in this way e.g. for storing your contact details
• Legal Obligation – where there is statutory or other legal requirement to share the information e.g. when we have to share your information for law enforcement purposes.
Here is a list of the ways that we may use your personal information, and which of the reasons described above we rely on to do so. Where we list legitimate interests as a reason, we also describe below what we believe these legitimate interests are.
Provide a quotation
Process your order
Fulfilling a contract
Notify you of your order status and arrange a date for fitting
Provide guarantees after work has been completed
Fulfilling a contract
Who we share your information with and why
Paul Mable Home Improvements Ltd works with a number of trusted suppliers who supply products on our behalf. All partners are subject to thorough security checks, and will only hold the minimum amount of personal information needed in order to fulfil the orders you place.
Paul Mable Home Improvements Ltd works with CERTASS to provide guarantees for the products supplied and/or fitted. Only the essential (minimum) amount of personal information is used to generate the certification.
Your personal data is protected by legal rights, which include your rights to object to our processing of your personal data; request that your personal data is erased or corrected; request access to your personal data.
For more information or to exercise your data protection rights, please contact us using the contact details above. You also have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office, which regulates the processing of personal data.
How long we keep
If we collect your personal information, the length of time we retain it is determined by a number of factors including the purpose for which we use that information and our obligations under other laws. The length of guarantees affects how long we keep your information too.
What are your
You are entitled to request the following from Paul Mable Home Improvements Ltd, these are called your Data Subject Rights and there is more information on these on the Information Commissioners website www.ico.org.uk
• Right of access –to request access to your personal information and information about how we process it
• Right to rectification –to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed
• Right to erasure (also known as the Right to be Forgotten) – to have your personal information erased.
• Right to restriction of processing – to restrict processing of your personal information
• Right to data portability - to electronically move, copy or transfer your personal information in a standard form
• Right to object - to object to processing of your personal information
• Rights with regards to automated individual decision making, including profiling –rights relating to automated decision making, including profiling
If you have any general questions about your rights or want to exercise your rights please contact email@example.com
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection regulator in Europe, in particular in a country you work or live or where your legal rights have been infringed. The contact details for the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the data protection regulator in the UK, are available on the ICO website www.ico.org.uk where your personal information has or is being used in a way that you believe does not comply with data, however, we encourage you to contact us before making any complaint and we will seek to resolve any issues or concerns you may have.